YOUR MAIN RESPONSABILITIES
Adel’s, Regulator Layout team manager, is looking for a Microelectronic Layout Designer !
You will join the Layout team of 6 members and be responsible to deliver fully-verified, clean layout, this includes the following: Designing complex layout for mixed signal, and analog circuits in CMOS technologies. Reviewing and analyzing floorplans and complex circuits with circuit designers. Running complete set of design verification tools available on each block. Working with circuit design team to plan/schedule work and negotiate any necessary layout trade-offs as needed. Interpreting LVS, DRC and ERC reports to find the fastest way to complete layout. Exceeding engineering specifications and expectations by working closely with the circuit design team. using advanced CAD tools to deliver correct and robust layout that meet best matching performance, area and power requirements.
You will be responsible of an exciting and versatile mission that will require your global understanding of the design of different schematic blocks. If you are not specialized in the whole process, the team will take the time to share their knowledge and guide you master the whole process.
Within the team, you will be in charge of:
- Designing complex layout for mixed signal, and analog circuits in CMOS technologies
- To perform floorplan, placement and routing of analog and mixed-signal circuits, optimizing area, development delay/cost and following the design constraints
- Using advanced CAD tools and layout design knowledge to produce optimized layout that meet best matching, area and power requirements.
- To perform technical deliveries and guaranteeing its level of quality (product performance, documentation, database)
- Running complete set of design verification tools. Interpreting LVS, DRC and ERC reports to find the fastest way to complete layout.
THIS POSITION IS FOR YOU
You have a master's degree in microelectronic, with at least 5 years of experience in layout.
- Advanced CMOS process (Bulk, FDSOI, FinFet)
- CAD tools (Vituoso XL)
- Tight matching, low noise, and low power consumption.
- Layouts include analog blocks, resistors, capacitors, pad IOs, ESD structures.
- Understand techniques for managing IR drop, RC delay, electromigration and self-heating.
- Interpretation of CALIBRE DRC, ERC, LVS, etc. reports.
- Analog and mixed signal development
- Programming in Linux environment
- English proficiency skills
Candidate is expected to be a strong team player with good communication and leadership skills and one who can positively and strategically influence the digital design team with an eye towards improving overall product quality.
JOIN US !
While being integrated into the Dolphin Design group (180 people), you will join a human scale team (about 20 people) in the very nice city of Laval (Quebec), just next to the dynamic shopping center Carrefour Laval.
Remote working is currently fully in place due to the health situation with Covid19. But no worry, you will have the opportunity to be easily in contact with your colleagues in order to quickly increase your skills.
While being integrated into the team, you will be able to be autonomous and demonstrate creativity by working on innovative projects of Dolphin Design.
A competitive salary will be offered based on profile and experience.
Also, you will have more than 5 weeks of paid leave (27 days), access to virtual health care and 50% contribution on the health insurance benefit package.
You will be able to us high-end design tools. The products developed in Laval are exclusive to the Canadian team so you can make the difference with your creativity and innovation.
Visit our Careers page to learn more and embark on the Dolphin Design adventure with us.