In a world where connected objects demand ever greater performance and autonomy, data exchanges are exploding, creating energy constraints.
At Dolphin Design, thanks to our expertise in energy efficiency, our
ambition is to reconcile technological developments with the
preservation of our planet's resources.
We are proud to be recognized worldwide for our ultra-low power
products, used in circuits for high-value consumer applications such as
connected objects, as well as for the industrial, aerospace and defense
With a global presence in three different locations (Meylan, Canada
and Singapore), we are constantly looking for new talent to strengthen
our team of 170 employees. If you're looking to work in a stimulating
and innovative environment, where you can develop your skills and make a
difference, then you're cut out to become a Dolphin.
We are currently looking for a digital implementation designer (F/M) for an internship of around 6 months at our Meylan (38) site, just a few minutes from Grenoble.
As a Digital Implementation Designer (F/H), you will join the ASIC team to study implementation strategies for an Adaptive Voltage Scaling (AVS) loop in a digital circuit, in close collaboration with the Low-Power Companion team in charge of designing this loop.
This development is designed to meet the need for improved energy efficiency in digital circuits, whether for IoT or High-Power Computing (datacenter) applications.
You'll come to the point where we've finished modeling the loop that enables us to guarantee the voltage supplied to each processor chip. Now we need to know whether our models are reliable. You will be responsible for checking the physical implementation of the AVS.
The subjects you'll be responsible for will be defined gradually, depending on your skills and orientation.
Here are the main tasks you'll be working on:
- Physical implementation of low-power digital circuits (upf, power-gating) of the AVS loop and the circuit it feeds
- Dynamic and static analysis of the supply voltage to validate the operation of the AVS loop
- Analysis of results and consultation with the design team to improve loop performance and implementation.
Engineering degree or Master's 2 in microelectronics
Desired skills/knowledge :
- Physical implementation of digital circuits (floorplan, power grid, placement & routing
- Static timing and IRDrop analysis
- Dynamic IRDrop analysis
- TCL skills
- Ohms law and cross-multiplication
- Communication skills
- Ability to analyze and summarize
- Good practical sense
The advantages of becoming a Dolphin :
- Joining an SME with the backing of a group
- Salary package: fixed salary (depending on experience), luncheon voucher, health insurance/ provident scheme
the heart of a "green zone for grey matter", we encourage our employees
to use soft mobility: 0.25€/km bicycle and scooter allowance, 60%
reimbursement of public transport passes & bicycle hire, 300€
subsidy for the purchase of a bicycle (after 1 year's seniority),
- And of course, the Welcome pack on arrival!
Does this offer not match 100% with your professional project?
Send us your application, and we'll suggest offers that match your professional project and skills!
Whatever the problem, be part of the solution!