Are you passionate about pushing the boundaries of low power analog design?
At Dolphin Design, we are not just about analog design; we are about redefining it. Nestled in the heart of Montreal, our team is a hub for innovation in sub-threshold design, where pure analog isn't just a concept – it's our passion and specialty. We're looking for an Analog Design Engineer (W/M) who thrives in a world of voltage regulators and intricate circuitry, someone who sees beyond the standard to the extraordinary in low power analog solutions.
We’re a dynamic company in the microelectronics field. Based in Montreal, we're expanding our team, currently over 20 designers, with plans to double in size within the next five years.
We work with a variety of technologies (bulk-planar, FDSOI, FinFET) and our main markets are battery-powered connectivity devices (IoT) and the automotive sector. Our focus is on minimizing energy consumption while adhering to safety standards.
- Your main responsibility will be the design and development of low power analog IP’s.
- This includes conducting product feasibility studies to validate achievable performances and specify sub-blocks for the development by the design team.
- You will take in charge the design of individual product blocks and overseeing the assembly of the entire product at product-level. This involves everything from drafting initial specifications to the final delivery, creating detailed schematics and comprehensive simulation environments. Your goal is to ensure that each product not only meets but exceeds performance and quality expectations, guaranteeing success in every design.
- You lead design reviews and ensure top-tier performance.
- You will also play a role in continuous quality process improvement and productivity.
- In this position, you'll collaborate closely with Application Engineers (AEs) to address customer requests. While AEs generally manage direct customer interactions, there is an opportunity for you to engage directly with customers if you're inclined. Your expertise will be crucial in product optimization and SoC integration matters.
- Additionally, you'll work alongside the marketing team, particularly in defining product features and performance benchmarks. This interaction with marketing is not just a peripheral aspect of your role; it's central to understanding and shaping how our products are positioned and perceived. You won't be confined to just designing within your block. Your insights will influence our product direction, allowing you to propose enhancements and drive the evolution of product specifications and offerings.
- You follow and participate to the training of younger analog designers. You share good practices and design experience.
You're about to become a dolphin..
At least 7 years of experience in analog design, particularly with technologies below 55 nm (you have already encountered low-power and -low-leakage design issues).
Skills in low power design, power management, and FinFET are a plus.
Your role requires a strong capability to collaborate effectively within a diverse team, demonstrating not only teamwork but also a genuine openness to new ideas and perspectives. You should be someone who embraces change and challenges conventional thinking, bringing a constant drive for innovation.
Your enthusiasm for creative problem-solving and your commitment to continuous learning and improvement will be key assets in our dynamic and forward-thinking environment.
Benefits of becoming a Dolphin:
- While being integrated into the Dolphin Design group (170 people), you will join a human scale team (about 20 people) in a new and modern office located conveniently near the "du Collège" metro station.
- Hybrid working model agreement for twenty days a year, or the possibility of regular remote.
- While being integrated into the team, you will be able to be autonomous and demonstrate creativity by working on innovative projects of Dolphin Design.
- Salary based on your experience.
- You will have more than 5 weeks of paid leave (27 days)
- Access to virtual health care and 50% contribution on the health insurance benefit package.
- You will be able to us high-end design tools. The products developed in Laval are exclusive to the Canadian team so you can make the difference with your creativity and innovation.
If you're eager to dive into the realm of true analog creativity and lead the charge in low power design, we're excited to welcome you to our team!
Don't wait any longer, take the plunge! 🐬