Are you passionate about pushing the boundaries of low power analog design?
At Dolphin Design, located in the heart of Montreal, we're not just about analog design; we're redefining it. Our team, specializing in sub-threshold design, is a hub for innovation in the field. We're currently seeking a layout engineer (W/M) who is not just adept in voltage regulators and intricate circuitry, but also someone who seeks to transcend the ordinary in low power analog solutions.
As a dynamic company in the microelectronics field, based in Montreal, we're expanding our team of over 20 designers, with a vision to double in size in the next five years. In anticipation of this growth, we're moving to a new, modern office near the "du Collège" metro station.
Working with a variety of technologies (bulk-planar, FDSOI, FinFET) and focusing on markets like IoT and automotive, our goal is to minimize energy consumption while adhering to safety standards.
As a layout engineer, your main missions are :
You will join the Layout team of 6 members and be responsible to deliver fully-verified, clean layout, this includes the following:
- Designing complex layout for mixed signal, and analog circuits in CMOS technologies. Reviewing and analyzing floorplans and complex circuits with circuit designers.
- Running complete set of design verification tools available on each block. Working with circuit design team to plan/schedule work and negotiate any necessary layout trade-offs as needed.
- Interpreting LVS, DRC and ERC reports to find the fastest way to complete layout. Exceeding engineering specifications and expectations by working closely with the circuit design team.
- Using advanced CAD tools to deliver correct and robust layout that meet best matching performance, area and power requirements.
You will be responsible of an exciting and versatile mission that will require your global understanding of the design of different schematic blocks. If you are not specialized in the whole process, the team will take the time to share their knowledge and guide you master the whole process.
You're about to become a dolphin..
You have a master's degree in microelectronic, with at least 5 years of experience in layout design.
- Advanced CMOS process, ideally Bulk, FDSOI, FinFet.
- CAD tools Vituoso
- Tight matching, low noise, and low power consumption.
- Layouts include analog blocks, resistors, capacitors, pad IOs, ESD structures.
- Understand techniques for managing IR drop, RC delay, electromigration and self-heating.
- Interpretation of CALIBRE DRC, ERC, LVS, etc. reports.
- Analog and mixed signal development
- Programming in Linux environment
- English proficiency skills
You are a strong team player with good communication and leadership skills.
Benefits of becoming a Dolphin:
- While being integrated into the Dolphin Design group (170 people), you will join a human scale team (about 20 people) in the very nice city of Laval (Quebec), just next to the dynamic shopping center Carrefour Laval, upcoming move to a new and modern office located conveniently near the "du Collège" metro station in few months (march or april).
- Hybrid working model agreement for twenty days a year, or the possibility of regular remote.
- While being integrated into the team, you will be able to be autonomous and demonstrate creativity by working on innovative projects of Dolphin Design.
- Salary based on your experience.
- You will have more than 5 weeks of paid leave (27 days)
- Access to virtual health care and 50% contribution on the health insurance benefit package.
- You will be able to us high-end design tools. The products developed in Laval are exclusive to the Canadian team so you can make the difference with your creativity and innovation.
Is this role not an exact fit? Sign up to stay in touch, we’ll let you know when we have new positions on the team.
Don't wait any longer, take the plunge! 🐬